Mike Pence’s Federal Election Commission filed a fake, spokesman saysThank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
A spokesman for former Vice President Mike Pence’s campaign denied reports Monday that the Republican was running for president in 2024, responding to apparent fraud after screenshots of a Federal Election Commission publication began circulating.
“Former Vice President Mike Pence is not running for president today,” Devin O’Malley tweeted. When reached for comment Monday, O’Malley confirmed his tweet and added, “You will need to contact the FEC for answers regarding the filing.”
When asked for comment Monday night, an FEC spokesman wrote, “We cannot comment on specific requests.”
The report came as Republicans made efforts to participate in the primaries elections against former President Donald Trump. Pence, who served as Trump’s vice president from 2017 to 2021, planned to use the Indianapolis holidays to consider a presidential campaign. an aide told The Washington Post last week.
Since refusing to try to overturn Trump’s 2020 election loss, Pence, 63, has been at odds with Trump and his supporters. Pence has recently hired aides to raise funds, but plans to continue his book tour in January for his autobiography, “So Help Me God,” an aide told The Post last week.
#Mike #Pences #Federal #Election #Commission #filed #fake #spokesman