The president of the Basketball Association denied his deputy’s statements about Super’s incident

The president of the Basketball Association denied his deputy’s statements about Super’s incident

Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!

Magdi Abu Freiha, president of the Basketball Association, denied the statements of his deputy, Amr Moselhi, about the fact that there was an ambulance near the Dr. Hassan Mustafa hall, which witnessed an incident during Al-Ahly and Al-Ittihad match in the Super Bowl final last night, Saturday.

Amr Moselhi said in statements to Al-Mehwar TV late Saturday night: “On paper there was an ambulance, but in reality there were no cars.”

On his part, Dr. Ashraf Sobhi, Minister of Sports, revealed that he will launch an investigation to find out the truth about the presence of an ambulance near the hall.

But Abu Freiha told the same channel in the early hours of Sunday morning: “What Moselhi said is false. The car was there and he might not have seen it.’

He added: “The ambulance was late at the venue because of the crowds and there were other cars that arrived late, after about 10 minutes from the hospital which is next to the venue.

He concluded: “If there has been a failure to launch an investigation, we cannot bury our heads in the sand.”

The incident happened after an iron fence fell on one of the Al-Ittihad Alexandria fans’ stands during the match, which was later called off, leaving several injured.

And the Ministry of Health revealed in an official statement that the incident left 27 injured, with no deaths, while the Alexandria Union said it had two cases in intensive care.

Ashraf Sobhi tasked a committee consisting of a group of heads of the Ministry of Sports, engineering consultants and a number of legal advisers to go to Hassan Mustafa Hall to discuss the circumstances of the incident, review all the details of the incident, identify the reasons that led to the fall of the iron barrier, and to take all necessary measures, the ministry said in a statement.

The match was abandoned after an iron fence fell into one of the stands during the third period, and the decision came after players from both teams refused to finish the clash due to the presence of injuries among a number of fans of the gap leader.

The game was halted for a few seconds before the end of the third period, with the score showing Al-Ittihad leading 67-45 before the fence came down so that doctors from both teams stepped in to treat the injured with the help of players from both teams and Al-Ahly fans who went to Al-Ittihad Stadium, according to the TV broadcast.

#president #Basketball #Association #denied #deputys #statements #Supers #incident

Related Articles

Back to top button